HVAC Maintenance Plan In Mesquite, Rockwall, Highland Park, TX, And The DFW Area
Standard Air Conditioning Agreement
Also included is a Preventative Maintenance Inspection*, which provides the following:
- Check air handler filters. Clean or replace as necessary.
- Check for adequate refrigerant charge.
- Check condenser and clean if necessary.
- Lubricate condenser fan motor.
- Check condenser fan blades for tightness.
- Tighten electrical connections at equipment.
- Check voltage at unit under load.
- Check condensate drain for blockage. Clean as necessary.
- Check blower belt for condition, tension, and alignment, replace as necessary.
- Lubricate all bearings where applicable.
- Check blower for cleanliness.
- Check all safety controls.
- Inspect contactor points.
- Check and clean thermostat.
- Check lockout control.
- Inspect evaporator coil cleanliness.
- Inspect starting capacitor.
- Inspect running capacitor.
- Check for vibration and noise.
- Inspect relays.
- Check and record running and starting amperages.
- Check and record suction and discharge pressures.
- Make recommendations of any needed repairs to the system
*This preventive service should be scheduled during normal working hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
PLEASE CALL TO SCHEDULE A CONVENIENT SERVICING DATE
- Renewal. This agreement cancels and supersedes all prior agreements between the two parties for service. Agreement is effective on the date of invoice and will remain in force for one (1) year. Agreement is self-renewing and will renew annually at prevailing rates, terms and conditions, unless and until terminated by either party in writing, not more than 30 days from billing date.
- Payment. Charges for agreement will be invoiced monthly. If customer fails to pay within 5 days of billing date the Company has the right to impose a late payment charge (finance charge) on unpaid balance at the monthly periodic rate. Agreements not paid in full within three months will be removed from customer’s account and any services performed during this period will be billed at Company’s prevailing rates. Upon breach of terms or default in payment, Company reserves the right to withhold service. Failure on the part of the customer to make payment when due shall relieve the seller of the entire obligation of providing service under this agreement.
- Cancellation. Either party may cancel this agreement by providing 30 days written notice. Agreement is transferable to a new homeowner when service is established with the Company. After 30 days from invoice date there is no refund of this agreement.
- Conditions of Coverage. Upon initial visit by technician, system will be inspected for compliance with company criteria. Items determined necessary to bring up to this criteria will be the responsibility and expense of the customer and agreement will not be applicable until criteria are met. If, upon inspection, the equipment covered ceases to meet acceptable standards for continued coverage, all costs for parts and service rendered prior to the date of cancellation will be applied against the cost of the agreement. Any remaining balance will be refunded to the customer. The Company reserves the right to postpone services for unsafe or unsanitary conditions.
In the event that the equipment under agreement is no longer economically repairable, we will provide customer with a quote to replace, until replacement takes place, no further service work will be performed.
Customer is to keep equipment accessible and free from any obstructions that deter proper servicing of equipment. Area around equipment, including crawl space must be dry.
Attic unit must have adequate flooring to service unit, no exceptions will be made.
Obligation to furnish replacement parts is subject to availability of parts from normal sources of supply. If parts are unavailable or obsolete contract coverage on these items is voided.
- Exclusions. Agreement does not cover parts or labor when failure is a result of the following; Unnecessary or nuisance calls will be charged and paid by the customer at prevailing rates. Examples of such are thermostats set too low or in the off position, emergency switches or disconnects turned off, clogged air filters, circuit breakers tripping and blown fuses due to power outages, etc.Company will not be held responsible for any changes, additions or deletions to existing equipment that may be dictated by local codes, government authorities, insurance companies, or any other third party unless authorized and paid for by the customer.This agreement does not cover loss or damage resulting from fire, water, windstorm, hail, lightning, earthquake, theft, riot, misuse or abuse, or any other circumstance beyond the Company’s control.
This agreement does not cover high voltage electrical work, blown fuses, disconnects, circuit breakers, plumbing or piping, or other equipment beyond that listed herein. This also includes nonworking parts of equipment, including diffusers, ductwork, blower housings, coils, unit cabinet, trim, pipes, supports, insulation, etc. Additional equipment used in conjunction with the operation of the system, such as humidifiers, air cleaners, electronic thermostats, etc. is not covered under this agreement.
Design criteria, air balancing, improper sizing, or design deficiencies beyond failure of equipment covered herein would be subject to an additional charge.
Liability for injury or damage to persons or property or consequential damage resulting from defects in or non-operation of equipment or its accessories, nor resulting damage from emergency drain pans or clogged condensate drain lines.
Variable speed replacement parts are not covered by this agreement but will be discounted by 10% when replacement is necessary.
- Default by customer. Company reserves the right to terminate agreement without notice or refund if any of the following occur: Customer permits any person other than an employee or authorized representative of Company to perform service on customer’s equipment.
Customer fails to keep account current in accordance with existing credit policy of Company. In such case, Company reserves the right to withhold service.
- Preventive Maintenance Inspection (PMI). This service is provided under the agreement but in itself holds no monetary value. It is the customer’s responsibility to contact our office to schedule inspection. PMI will be performed during normal working hours, Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm. Company is not responsible if PMI is not performed due to the unavailability of customer to schedule work.
- Service Hours. Normal service covered by this agreement including PMI, will be performed during our regular working hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Emergency service will be provided and billed at Company’s prevailing rates. Emergency service constitutes no cooling or water leaking where property damage may occur.